The Salvation Army In the Midwest
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Projects Administrative Assistant - Kansas City MO area
at The Salvation Army In the Midwest
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Regular Full-Time
To provide administrative and secretarial assistance to the Emergency Assistance, Pathway of Hope and Special Projects programs.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of the position. Other job related responsibilities and tasks may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Provide all aspects of clerical and secretarial support to the EA/POH Special Projects programs
- Provide mail delivery/pickup to and from DHQ and mail sorting
- Manage all aspects of the fuel funds process from application to report compilation
- Maintain electronic filing of all services provided in the MAACLink system.
- Process fuel fund check requests and invoices
- Process requests for Corps bus passes
- Collect and report all fuel fund data for purpose of monthly internal and external reports and The Salvation Army statistics
- Participate in the rotation for the Linwood Center telephone switchboard and receptionist coverage.
- Maintain database for all seasonal events
- Make preparations for events and/or meetings as assigned
- Assure that confidentiality is maintained with all client information
- Provide various office services such as copying, correspondence, mail, and filing
- Other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal education, experience, certifications, skills, and/or abilities required for this position.
- Minimum two year college degree in secretarial/administrative studies or related field but may substitute years of experience for formal degree.
- Prefer previous experience in a social services setting.
- Specialized training in secretarial, computers, or business preferred.
- Minimum two to four years of secretarial/administrative experience.
- Type 40-65 WPM with accuracy.
- Must be proficient in computer software applications such as MS Office, Excel, Power Point, and Access.
- Prefer experience maintaining and operating office equipment.
- General bookkeeping experience and ten key by touch also preferred.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills in Standard English
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Time management skills and ability to handle multiple demands and priorities
- Sound judgment and reasoning ability/skills
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to interact positively with applicants, co-workers, other departments, and community partners
- Ability to work with people of diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds in a sensitive and culturally appropriate manner
- Must possess strong computer skills with ability to compile reports
- Must have demonstrated leadership qualities and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Conversant in and supportive of The Salvation Army mission