Titan Protection & Consulting
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Armed Part-Time weekend security Officer
at Titan Protection & Consulting
- Field Operations (All Guards)
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Full and Part Time Available
NOTE: Security Officers Must own OR have experience in shooting a Duty Grade Firearm in .40, 9mm, or .45. NO "1911" Frames without de-cocker mechanism or Revolvers Permitted.
Do you want to work for the top security company in Kansas City with over 200 employee's? Titan Protection and Consulting was rated #196 as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in the United States for 2013 by Inc 500 Magazine!Are you tired of your dead end security or retail job? Are you former or active military? Do you work for an observe and report company now and want to get into a real career? Check out all the fun things Titan offers at our website www.tpcsecurity.com. Titan Protection comes highly recommended as a job provider for active duty law enforcement, police academy students, and offer extensive training for the entry level hire. For armed positions applicants will be required to provide their own .40, .45, or 9mm duty grade Firearm. Payroll deduction is available for qualified candidates who would need to purchase a firearm.This position is responsible for the protection, safeguarding, and security of assets, personnel, customers and visitors. Work consists of patrol work (foot or vehicle) in an assigned area, and other duties as directed and performed in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Examples of duties include performing security patrols, protecting property from theft, embezzlement, sabotage, fire and accidents, investigates and writes reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations, provide any needed assistance to customers, employees and visitors with the department's procedures, and performs other related duties as assigned by Operations Manager or President. Additional duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Enforces laws, ordinances, and policies of specific client's properties.
- Patrols an assigned area, on foot or vehicle, during a specific period with the purpose of deterring, detecting, delaying, respond, or reacting to any criminal activity.
- Checks doors, windows, and examines premises of assigned client's properties in order to detect any suspicious conditions.
- Investigates suspicious conditions and complaints and makes arrests of persons who commit crimes.
- Directs traffic when necessary, and approved by a supervisor.
- Prepares reports and logs and other clerical or administrative duties reports must be completed and submitted to supervisor daily (on the date of incident).
- Answers complaints and takes necessary corrective action.
- Gives advice or general information relating to security to client's or public.
- Operates radio, vehicles or other necessary equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Must be at least 18 years of age for unarmed posts, 21 years of age for armed posts.
- Good working knowledge of security operations, safety practices in a business environment and enforcement procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, with staff, clients and the public, ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures, ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance, ability to write and investigate required reports; ability to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures; ability to maintain any valid licenses that may be required.
- Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress related to working conditions.
- Must be able to use tools and equipment required.
- Excellent moral character and clean background free from excessive misdemeanors, traffic offenses, or any felonies, as well as positive record with creditors and prior employers.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work is performed inside and outside at various properties with exposure to inside and outside environmental conditions, inclement weather, unpredictable crisis situations and possible combative individuals. Rare but possible exposure to blood and/or bodily fluids may occur. This job requires standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time, stooping, bending, pulling, pushing, grasping, walking, running, carrying and climbing. Requires infrequent lifting or carrying of objects up to 50 lbs.