Truman Medical Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook - Hospital Hill (PRN Hours)
at Truman Medical Centers
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best possible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, teamwork and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC’s tagline is: “Better. For Everyone.” It is a simple statement, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
The Cook follows recipes prepares food for patients/residents. Employees, cafeteria patrons and medical staff. Works under direct supervision.
This is a PRN position, which is on an as needed basis. Must have a flexible schedule.
- High school diploma or GED for employees hired effective from May 1, 2006.
- Maintain a Food Handler’s Card.
- Must be able to follow a recipe, use scales, and operate large kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to blend twist, stoop, push and lift large containers of hot food.
- One-year experience in preparation of large quantities of food using standardized recipes.