Truman Medical Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Distribution Technician - Health Science District (7:30am - 4:00pm)
at Truman Medical Centers
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best possible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, teamwork and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC’s tagline is: “Better. For Everyone.” It is a simple statement, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
The Distribution Technician is an entry level position. Staff will be trained in areas of the department. Perform heavy manual labor to include receiving, storage, distribution and inventory control of equipment and supplies. Perform data entry computer work.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to input data into computer programs.
- Ability to flex work schedule to cover as needed weekend shifts
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Good customer service skills.
- Six to twelve months experience working in a health care facility.
- Familiar with hospital supplies and equipment.
- Experience working with materials management computer programs.
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly.
- 25 wpm keyboarding skills.