Truman Medical Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Service Worker - Health Science District (Varied Hours)
at Truman Medical Centers
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best possible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, teamwork and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC’s tagline is: “Better. For Everyone.” It is a simple statement, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
The Food Service Worker assists in preparing cafeteria area and patient service area for service. Greet customers in a friendly manner. Stocks and clean all work area, work under direct supervisor.
- Good interpersonal skills required to meet and service the public.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to speak and read the English language
- Maintain a Food Handler’s Card.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English.
- Ability to communicate verbally to patients, customers, and co-workers.
- Ability to perform motor skills such as bending, twisting, turning, kneeling, reaching out/up, wrist turning/torquing, grasping, and finger manipulation.
- High School diploma or GED