Truman Medical Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operating Room EVS Specialist - Health Science District EVS (7:00am - 3:30pm)
at Truman Medical Centers
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best possible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, teamwork and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC’s tagline is: “Better. For Everyone.” It is a simple statement, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
The OR Specialist performs a variety of routine and specialized manual housekeeping work in the cleaning of the Operating Rooms and associated surgery related areas. Primary responsibility is for the effective use of proper methods and materials in cleaning and otherwise caring for the spaces and equipment. Work follows established routines and procedures and is regularly inspected by a housekeeping supervisor and the Operating Room Director or designee.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED
- Working knowledge of basic housekeeping and cleaning procedures, particularly as it relates to the surgical area.
- Successful completion of specialized surgical area cleaning training conducted by a combination of operating room, environmental services and infection prevention trainers.
- Working knowledge of materials, methods and practices used in cleaning operations.
- Working knowledge of the operation and care of vacuum cleaners, scrubbing machines, polishing machines and other housekeeping equipment.
- Ability to exercise care in the use of cleaning materials for different types of building surfaces.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and odor control in work area.
- Ability to read and write and follow direct written and oral instructions
- Ability to supervise a small group of employees when required.
- Sufficient strength to stand the strain of working long hours at housekeeping tasks.