Truman Medical Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Account Rep II Missouri Medicaid and Managed Care plans (Tiffany Springs location)
at Truman Medical Centers
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best possible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, teamwork and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC’s tagline is: “Better. For Everyone.” It is a simple statement, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients. .
Performs billing or collection activities for Patient Accounts. Responsible for initial submission of third party payer claims, or follow-up and collection of third party payer claims, self pay accounts or legal/liability/workers compensation accounts. Uses a variety of electronic systems in the course of this work.
- High school diploma or GED
- Two (2) – Three (3) years experience in a hospital business office, physician’s office, or insurance billing environment.
- Must have computer literacy and math aptitude, and the ability to yse a 10-key calculator, computer key board, and basic software applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and ICD9/CPT4 coding
- Good oral and written communication skills