Truman Medical Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Accounts Manager-Professional/Practitioner Billing (Health Science District location)
at Truman Medical Centers
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best possible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, teamwork and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC’s tagline is: “Better. For Everyone.” It is a simple statement, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Responsible and accountable for multispecialty physician group practice activities primarily focused on the billing, claim adjudication and reimbursement of third party payers and related patient responsible collections. Monitors, trains and evaluates the performance of staff members. Patient Accounting Manager (PAM) is a vitally important management position for the creative leadership, ideas and solutions in securing all available public or private payment sources for patients without payment means.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any academic discipline, demonstrating critical thinking, analytic and communication skills.
- 5 years provider medical billing experience, preferably multi-specialty.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology including CPT and ICD coding sets.
- Supervisory experience; ability to lead and manage others effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to maintain professional relationships with outside organizations such as hospitals, payers, etc.
- Versatility to at necessary times work independently, identify issues, provide recommendations and effectuate solutions.
- Possess a good working knowledge of medical information systems for physician billing.
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in multi-disciplined teams of skilled professionals including information technology, provider, financial and administration in a goal oriented team environment.
- Willingness and ability to accept responsibility for a visible and critical position
- Conducts self in a professional manner and reflects a positive image.