Truman Medical Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PRN- Mental Health Tech Crossroads Group Home
at Truman Medical Centers
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best possible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, teamwork and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC’s tagline is: “Better. For Everyone.” It is a simple statement, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Under the supervision of Licensed Nursing Staff, provides resident care as a member of the health care team in the Group Home. Demonstrates the ability to utilize those skills necessary to perform a variety of direct and indirect patient care while maintaining a therapeutic milieu.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must obtain BCLS certification within 120 days of hire; certification must be kept current for continued employment
- Must pass Level 1 Medication Aide (LIMA) licensure course and exam within first 90 days of employment and must maintain current certification, through the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services (DHSS).
- Must maintain a current and valid Class E Missouri or Kansas driver’s license and be competent in operating a 15 passenger van. Must obey all traffic laws while operating vehicles while on duty.
- Clearance through the Family Care Registry
- Completion of training as directed through orientation and/or by Leadership, Management or Educators in the established timeline for continued employment.
- UAP’s from staffing agencies shall comply with the training requirements.
If the above criteria are not met, the incumbent is prohibited from providing direct patient care to any acute care patients undergoing a procedure in the outpatient setting.