Truman Medical Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PRN Patient Accounts Rep I (Tiffany Springs location)
at Truman Medical Centers
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best possible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, teamwork and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC’s tagline is: “Better. For Everyone.” It is a simple statement, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Entry level position performing billing or collection activities or clerical functions that support the activities of Patient Accounts personnel who perform billing and collection activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Needs computer literacy and math aptitude, and the ability to use 10-key calculator and computer keyboard.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Minimum of six months experience in a business office, physician's office, or insurance billing environment preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology, which might include ICD9/CPT4 coding.