Truman Medical Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PRN-Medical Interpreter (Arabic) - Language Access
at Truman Medical Centers
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best possible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, teamwork and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC’s tagline is: “Better. For Everyone.” It is a simple statement, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
The Medical Interpreter is responsible for facilitating communication, through accurate and complete interpretation services, between TMC clinical/non-clinical personnel and Limited English Proficient (LEP) patients/patients’ families, in order to ensure culturally responsive and equitable care.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Six months experience working in a role requiring medical interpretation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Complete fluency in language(s) for which hired, demonstrated by passing competency exam with a minimum score of 85%, bilingual interview process and role playing
- Bridging the Gap, JCCC, SBA or equivalent required
- National certification preferred