Truman Medical Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Radiologic Technologist - Medical Imaging (9:00am-5:30pm M-F)
at Truman Medical Centers
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best possible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, teamwork and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC’s tagline is: “Better. For Everyone.” It is a simple statement, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Perform general diagnostic radiographs. Operate imaging equipment and develops film. Prepare patient's room, equipment, supplies, and medications. Provide patient services using imaging modalities. Work under moderate direction from the supervisor or manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduation from Radiologic Technology Program and/or registry eligible or registered. Must pass registry within two years of graduation. Once registered, must maintain registered status
- Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills to assist patients in the x-ray process and explain procedures. Ability to work effectively with patients of all ages
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds to assist and move patients
- Ability to operate a computer to input and retrieve data
- Maintain CPR certification for continued employment
- One year experience preferred