Truman Medical Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Worker LMSW (Part-time) - Med/Surg Social Work Services (7:00am-7:30pm Alternate weekends)
at Truman Medical Centers
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best possible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, teamwork and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC’s tagline is: “Better. For Everyone.” It is a simple statement, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Responsible for leading and executing a variety of project activities relating to improved patient outcomes and organizational performance. Leads and facilitates performance improvement projects using a combination of improvement methodologies, including Lean and Six Sigma. Partners with stakeholders in the development of project plans that align with standards set forth by accreditation/regulatory agencies and with the Annual Business Plan. Provides education on performance improvement methodology and tools as well as provide data analysis support to the organization for the improvement of systems and processes.
- Master’s degree in social work from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- MO LMSW or MO LMSW eligible (LMSW eligible Social Workers must obtain linesures by completion of the introductory period of employment – or within 90 days)
- Knowledge of theory and practice of social work at the MSW level and have basic research skills
- Medical social work experience required
- Experience in psychosocial assessment, inpatient discharge planning, linkage with community resources, palliative care, advance care planning, intervention in mental health and substance abuse issues, individual/couple/family counseling, crisis intervention, intervention in abuse/neglect/IPV/human trafficking and trauma-informed care
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team preferred
- Must have the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and with patients of various ages and cultural backgrounds
- Must have excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Previous health care experience preferred
- Hospital social work experience preferred