Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Machine Operator - Night Shift
Job Reference #: 18000FJI
United States-Missouri-Independence-Independence -13000 E. 35th
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Unilever is now recruiting for Machine Operators at our Independence facility, makers of Knorr, Lipton Soup Mixes and Lipton Iced Tea. Knorr is the #1 selling brand within Unilever’s Food Division and we have established ourselves as the largest and most advanced dry savory manufacturing facility in the world after a recent $100 million-dollar upgrade and expansion project!
Identified candidates will work under the direction of the shift supervisor for the Production Department. Performing all duties required to ensure the safe, efficient running of the Knorr Dry Savory Room to produce quality products in a cost-effective manner.
- Operates Bartelt, SN & Jones machine(s) including peripheral fillers, (may operate two machines simultaneously) keeping watch for any malfunctions.
- Is responsible for maintaining quality and quantity of pouches as set by Quality Assurance and by Packaging Production Standards.
- Performs weight and quality checks every 15 minutes or hour depending on the line to ensure ingredient fills are maintained within standards.
- Checks ingredient and total pouch weights and adjusts the controls as required to ensure adherence to standards
- Clear jams on machine as required.
- Performs certain mechanical adjustments on Packaging lines.
- Retrieve packaging material from forward pick area within the room and loads onto machine
- Orders packaging material in a timely manner
- Uses computer to retrieve changeover information and settings.
- Reports machine malfunction (mechanical/electrical) to mechanic, electrician or supervisor.
- Supplies machine with packaging material as required
- Performs mechanical changeover, removing, replacing parts, and adjusting as per predetermined equipment settings.
- Set-up check-weigher on changeover and operate while production is running.
- Replace Teflon as required.
- Hand palletize as required.
- Inspects cases for damage and ensures correct information from ink jet systems.
- Performs roll change on tape machine as required.
- Maintains fluid levels on Videojet print system and change bottles as required.
- Maintains fluid levels on Marsh printing system and clean head when required.
- Rips substandard pouches online and operates rework separators.
- Labels rework drums and send upstairs for stock people to dump.
- Maintains high level of personal hygiene and keeps work area in a clean and sanitary condition in compliance with -GMP standards. Rotates between all different functions on area basis and as required to ensure smooth operation of room.
- Ensures that all machine safety guards are in place and operational.
- Ensures compliance to all plant safety rules.
- Participates in all World Class Manufacturing training and applies this knowledge to their daily job duties and responsibilities.
- Updates all related Line KPI information and graphs as required.
- Responsible for complying with existing company SHEQ Standards and requirements under the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years recent and continuous employment in a high speed manufacturing environment.
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to lift-up to 50 lbs.
- Must be flexible to work off-shift, to include 12-hour night shift, overtime and weekends. (Positions will be on our "D" shift - 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights and every other Wednesday.)
- Position requires walking, standing, squatting, climbing stairs and reaching overhead on a regular basis.
- High temperatures, up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit within our tea facility are possible.
- Applicants must be able to read, write, speak, understand and communicate in the English language to perform the duties of this position.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!