Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Background & Purpose of the Job
The maintenance supervisor position supports the maintenance manager.This position coordinates the team of maintenance technicians in their area ofassignment. This position is responsible for ensuring completion of all maintenancetasks in their assigned area, making sure the manager is aware if there are anygaps. The position ensures the correct resources are being applied to eachproblem and escalates to the manager when additional help is needed.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Continuously strive to increase the efficiency and reliability of equipmentin their area of focus
- Communicate with all shifts of the maintenance team to ensure aconsistent message and consistent application of all company policies,programs, rules and regulations.
- Support maintenance team in troubleshooting, finding/procuringparts, or escalating issues as required
- Carries out periodic audits to ensure depth of work order materialis adequate and works with lead and planner to ensure gaps are addressed
- Ensure maintenance, quality and safety audits are carried out bythe team to ensure compliance with internal requirements
- Work with the maintenance lead and planner to track breakdowns anddevelop countermeasures for repeat issues
- Review short and medium-term plans for equipment maintenance withthe maintenance lead and planner and operations team. Develop long term planswith input from the managers, supervisors and operations team and ensureexecution of the plans.
- Working as a team with Supervisors, Maintenance team members, andOperations to plan, procure and document activities for the enhancement of machinesin the assigned area
- Contacting vendors and manufacturers as needed for support inresolving issues or deploying projects
- Participate in safety or quality reviews and ensure correctiveactions are carried out
- Assisting in the development and implementation of reliabilitycentered maintenance strategies
What You’ll Need ToSucceed
4 year degree in a technical field and at least two (2) years of experienceas a maintenance supervisor/coordinator in fast paced manufacturing environment.
Strong troubleshooting skills
Excellent communication skills
Ability to coordinate and communicate with teams working differentshifts across a 24/7 schedule.
Experience leading a team of maintenance technicians toward acommon goal
Must be capable of working independently and in a team environment
Experience making reliability/maintenance decisions to meet needs
Proven track record of implementing improvement ideas
Experience with Megamation as a CMMS system
Controls/Automation experience with a strong preference to AllenBradley controls
Please note: as part of the job application, you will beasked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to beconsidered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both theapplication and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, itwill adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware thatyou will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will beunable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity andinclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every dayfor our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. Webelieve a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and driveinclusion across the business.