Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Supervisor (Day Shift)
Background & Purpose of the Job
We are actively seeking a Compounding Business Lead to join our factory located in Jefferson City, Missouri. The Processing Business Lead will report directly to the Processing Manufacturing Manager and will ensure delivery of all KPI objectives for Safety, Quality, Cost, Productivity, Delivery and employee engagement within the Processing Areas, through the management of work activities, fostering teamwork, development of workplans, executing training plans & initiatives, working with cross-functional teams, and by regularly engaging with all team members.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Accountable for the business segment performance of the following:
· Drive Safety Culture to Zero injuries
· Elimination of risks by utilization Risk Assessment and Prediction Tools
· Monitor/Track/Complete Safety and Maintenance Tags (S-Tag/F-Tag) and Root Cause Analysis processes
· Completion of any incident or near miss Root Cause Analyses Safety Health and Environmental Work Order (SHE-EWO) actions < 1 week
· Reduction of top loss through focused improvement
· Execution of Supplier Non-Conformance Reports and Quality Work Order (Q-EWO) processes
· Completion of any incident Q-EWO actions <1 week
· World class execution of 5S and GMP
· Assist with Department quality investigations, reporting, and improvements by engaging through multiple systems
· Lead/Support weekly team meeting(s) to ensure strategic alignment across shifts
· Improvement of root cause analysis quality and timely close-out of Emergency Work Orders (EWO)
· Participate in the development and subsequent delivery of the PM’s for the department
· Participation in daily planning meeting to ensure alignment to both tactical and strategic line plan
· Establish an effective link of communication with the Supply Planning and other support areas within and outside the factory.
· Leverage use of training software to build, improve, monitor, and deliver training
· Engage with site World Class Manufacturing (WCM) Pillars to support initiatives, improvements, and goals
· Manage line labor to budget
· Manage/Approve Purchasing for maintenance and department expenses to fixed budget
· Employee Development
· Set clear goals and objectives for line team members
· Understand training needs and implement a coherent and comprehensive training plan for area leads, technical leads, process specialists, process technicians, and reweigh technicians to support team’s strategy
· Complete regular performance and development reviews
· Participate and structure department hiring activities
· Support the planning and execution of trials and engineering projects
· Drive department improvements by working with cross-functional teams
· Develop CER for department to handoff to Engineering Team
You’re a paradox navigator: Manages multiple workstreams, and manages needs of both production & innovation
You’re a born leader: Ability to develop teams in dynamic and adaptive work industry and department
You’re a story teller: Coordinate and cooperate with Production teams using data to ensure best solutions for the facility for the needs of today, and future needs.
You’re a culture & change champion: Constantly coordinates with multiple teams to ensure best solutions for our facility & employees
What You’ll Need To Succeed
· Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Business, or a related field is preferred; Candidates seeking further education is also accepted
· A minimum of 3 years of supervisory work experience in a manufacturing environment.
· A minimum of 3 years in various areas of Consumer Goods Manufacturing such as; manufacturing, warehouse, planning, engineering, etc.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office; SAP is preferred as well
· Proven ability to manage projects
· Leadership skills to manage interpersonal relations
· Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal); as well as when responding to a changing environment in an orderly and coherent manner
· Capacity to be a leader in the formation, design, implementation, and integration of new concepts and technologies
· Growth and Continuous Improvement mindset Ability to develop teams
· Flexible work schedule to ensure support across line teams of varying shifts
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check and background investigation.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check, Credit check, and background investigation.
Employment may subject to verification of Motor Vehicle Records check
To receive communication about your application, please add email@example.com to your safe senders list, and ensure your mobile phone number is correctly entered in your application.