Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Process Control Technician - N. Kansas City
at USG Corporation
1. Position is located in the NKC paper mill.
2. Maintains and troubleshoots plant equipment to ensure safety and reliability. Includes, but not limited to, Honeywell Process operations, Plant IT network, Lab equipment, Paper Machine camera system.
3. Supports programming, configuration, and troubleshooting of PLC networks, Ethernet/Profibus/ASI/Wonderware Networks, and variable speed drives.
4. Collaborates with both plant employees and outside contractors to troubleshoot issues and implement improvements. Also communicates with vendors and sales reps as needed.
5. There are two “Technician” pay rates depending on skill level and qualifications.
1.At least three years of experience programming, troubleshooting, and maintainingindustrial control systems.
2.Must be able to read and create electrical process control drawings.
3.Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
4.Must demonstrate strong communication and decision-making skills.
5.Ability to work in a diverse plant environment.
6.Self-starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to handlemultiple priorities.
For more than 100 years, USG has built an ever-growing portfolio of groundbreaking products backed by unparalleled service. In the last decade, we have demonstrated our resilience by continuing to invest in purposeful innovation, expanding into different markets and by working smarter and faster- all to help our customers achieve their visions. Our commitment to innovation and focus on you, our customer is driven by a desire to help architects, contractors and workers alike to not only build better structures, but to build a better world.
We hire people for careers, not jobs. We invest in employees through classroom and on-the-job training. We promote from within wherever possible and we are not afraid to give employees significant responsibility early in their careers. We move people across businesses, functions, and across the country to make the best use of their talents. We have an on-line job posting program to let employees know what opportunities are available in the Company and to match the right person with the right position. USG is a Company in which everyone can reach their full potential, which is why most of our leadership came up through the ranks. Our employees are the best in the industry, which is why USG Corporation is the industry leader year after year!
USG has been recognized twice as Top 25 Places to Work by Chicago Magazine and recognized as America’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine. Be part of the Team - Build your future at USG. Join the USG Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?