Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Residential Construction Manager
at VineBrook Homes
- KCMO, MO, USA
- DOE +/-
- Full Time
Residential Construction Manager
VineBrook Homes is an internally managed Midwest-based real estate investment company, focused on acquiring, renovating, leasing and operating single-family homes as rental properties. An early investor and developer of the Single-Family Rental Home (SFRH) asset class, we commenced operations in late 2007. Our proven, yield-focused investment strategy targets a unique opportunity building a portfolio of "Optimal House" assets in key Midwest markets. We own or manage over 4,000+ SFRH assets in 6 states and 7 major Midwestern cities. Additionally, VineBrook Homes is currently undergoing the next major expansion of its strategy, expecting to drive toward 7,500+ units. Candidates who desire a career opportunity with a successful company in the residential remodeling industry should send their resume with salary qualifications.
We are looking for Construction Managers to oversee and expand our renovation team. The Construction Manager in each market is responsible for overseeing the renovation activity on every single-family house acquired in their market. The objective is to deliver completed projects at volume, in a timely manner while strictly adhering to budget and quality standards
The Construction Manager will be responsible for overseeing all construction activity in their market. You will qualify all homes that enter our pipeline and make sure that they are processed in such a way that results in outstanding homes that meet or exceed our standards and expectations in regard to quality and budget. This role requires that you have strong knowledge of the local market, construction styles and have an extensive network of contractors/vendors to expedite the processing of units. You need to be highly organized with exceptionally strong computer skills and the ability to multi-task while handling team members and scores of projects simultaneously.
You will be responsible for tracking and reporting the progress of your team to our corporate office. Adherence to quality standards, budgets and schedules is paramount. You will work with our existing team and source new talent to add to our organization in the form of inspectors, project managers, contractors and vendors. You will need to train and oversee these team members. Quality control and production will need to go hand in hand. You need to have the ability to give direction, adapt to change, establish relationships, build consensus, anticipate roadblocks, and work in a team environment
- Construction management or real estate development background
- Strong knowledge of construction practices and sequencing
- Experience pulling permits and dealing with building officials
- Ability to prepare scopes of work, construction schedules and cost estimates
- Extensive residential construction or renovation experience
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Competent and comfortable with technology
- Advanced communications, presentation and negotiation skills
- Effective communication with staff and senior management
- Strong financial acumen and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and balance a number of simultaneous projects
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound business judgment
- Demonstrated ability to lead employees and teams
- Ability to operate effectively given broadly defined objectives
- Ability to adapt to growth and changing business environments
- Understand the basics of investing in residential real estate
- Impeccable ethics and integrity required
- Frequent travel to and from projects in your market.
Required Education and Experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or similar.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible management experience
- 5+ years of experience in residential construction or renovation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with HVAC and utility systems.
- Experience preparing scopes, estimates and/or inspections.
- Excellent computer aptitude (MS office suite Excel in particular/ hardware/software), smart devices and project management software.
- Valid driver's license.
- Pass a Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, and Criminal Background Check.
- Possess basic construction tools.
We offer industry competitive wages and benefits. Comprehensive training is offered to all employees, with additional education offered to those interested in greater opportunities. Each employee must pass a national background check and full panel drug screening.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. We are also a Drug Free Work Place. Qualified applicants will also be required to pass a drug screening before receiving an offer or beginning employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.