Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Residential Real Estate Acquisitions Agent
at VineBrook Homes
- KCMO, MO, USA
- DOE +/-
- Full Time
Residential Real Estate Acquisitions Agent
VineBrook Homes is an internally managed Midwest-based real estate investment company, focused on acquiring, renovating, leasing and operating single-family homes as rental properties. An early investor and developer of the Single-Family Rental Home (SFRH) asset class, we commenced operations in late 2007. Our proven, yield-focused investment strategy targets a unique opportunity building a portfolio of "Optimal House" assets in key Midwest markets. We own or manage over 3,000+ SFRH assets in 6 states and 7 major Midwestern cities. Additionally, VineBrook Homes is currently undergoing the next major expansion of its strategy, expecting to drive toward 7,500+ units. Candidates who desire a career opportunity with a successful company in the residential remodeling industry should send their resume with salary qualifications.
We an exciting opportunity for a full-time Real Estate Acquisitions Agent to join our team. To sustain our rapid growth, we are in need of candidates who bring innovative thinking and thrive in a fast-paced working environment. Additionally, qualified candidates will need to be organized, goal-oriented and ambitious. We seek the most talented professionals to help foster a culture of creativity and growth.
This opportunity provides an Acquisitions Agent/Buyer's Agent a leading role assisting in all aspects of residential property investment and the acquisitions process, with a focus on sourcing, underwriting, negotiating, and closing of residential real estate. The selected candidate will have a significant professional network, be immersed in the local market and all aspects of residential real estate investment, specifically in the Single-Family Rental Home (SFRH) sector. Ideal candidates possess an entrepreneurial spirit with in-depth knowledge of the local residential real estate investor market and have significant transactional experience. Additional strengths would be the ability and/or experience underwriting and modeling of individual and portfolios of properties, market intelligence, and analysis and transaction execution.
Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Sourcing, underwriting and assisting in acquiring a portfolio of single-family rental homes in the individuals' local market via establishing new connections while utilizing an established process.
- Leverage existing contacts for off-market sales and portfolios of properties, while also connecting with and managing new relationships with other property owners, investors, flippers, etc.
- Be the go-to point of contact for local investors, property owners, and agents looking to sell their properties and listings.
- Estimate property rehab budgets, with the assistance of inspectors and contractors.
- Diligently analyze and underwrite properties and portfolios using SalesForce and Excel.
- Prepare and present documents such as representation contracts, purchase agreements, closing statements, deeds and leases.
- Work with title companies, lenders, home inspectors, and pest control operators to ensure that terms and conditions of purchase agreements are met prior to closing dates.
- Coordinate property closings, overseeing signing of documents and disbursement of funds.
- Perform in-depth industry and market research
- Assist with and perform property level financial models and/or underwriting related to acquisition through stabilization.
- Evaluate unit or portfolio acquisition opportunities.
- Evaluate unit or portfolio disposition opportunities.
- Participate in the deployment of capital via acquisition of SFRH assets identified and adhering to investment guidelines and underwriting standards.
- Coordination of contract documents and earnest money associated with the offering and closing of property acquisitions.
- Perform compliance work on deployment execution.
- Assist in preparation of materials and presentations to the investment committee, current and/or potential investors or lenders.
- Assist partners with time-sensitive, ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
Education: Completion of bachelor's degree with focus in Finance, Real Estate, or Business Management preferred, but may be substituted for prior work experience. Advanced degrees or certifications a plus but not required (MBA, JD, CFA or CAIA).
Real Estate broker or salesperson's license required.
Experience: 2+ years of relevant experience as a real estate broker or agent preferred, but those who possess prior experience in sales or as an analyst in an investment, finance, private equity, or real estate related role may also be considered. Prior experience working with single-family rental homes for large or institutional investor preferred but not required. Positions such as but not limited to: Real Estate Buyer's Agent, Real Estate Investment Agent, Real Estate Acquisitions, Acquisitions Analyst, New Home Sales, Brokerage Analyst, Residential Appraiser, or Real Estate Investment Banking Analyst.
- Ability to source and identify potential acquisition targets from both the MLS and off-market.
- Ability to underwrite properties to company performance parameters using Salesforce and Excel.
- Understanding of advanced principles of residential valuation such as the use and selection of sales and rental comparables.
- Ability to organize and manage an acquisitions pipeline using Salesforce.
- Strong grasp of financial principles and concepts critical to SFRH underwriting (NOI, cap rates, IRR, NPV, ROI, ROC, Yields, etc.)
- High degree of proficiency with Excel and an ability to create in-depth financial analyses via modeling.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications including Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information to drive informed strategic output.
- Highly-developed verbal and written-communication skills.
- Strong judgement and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate organizational skills and proven ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; team-oriented.
- Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations.
- Comfort and familiarity with basic finance and accounting theory.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and fiduciary duties
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated with track record of successful purchases and sales.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Pleasant and trustworthy with a professional demeanor
- Good knowledge of local properties
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to rapidly analyze qualitative and quantitative information and accurately articulate conclusions and recommendations
- Yardi & SalesForce familiarity, ARGUS is a plus but not required
- Entrepreneurial spirit to help expand business
This position affords a path of rapid growth and the ability to gain significant transactional experience with an established, expanding, and well-capitalized investment company.
We offer industry competitive compensation and comprehensive training. Must pass a national background check and full panel drug screening. Some travel may be required between our existing and potential expansion markets.
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. We are also a Drug Free Work Place. Qualified applicants will also be required to pass a drug screening before receiving an offer or beginning employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.