Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Signal Engineer
at Wabtec Corporation
- Functional Area
- Business Unit
- Regular Full-Time
To successfully manage a project from Preliminary Engineering through the Design until Installation is completed. Primary interface between customer and signal design team.
- Review with the Project Manager and/or Customer the design progress including approvals for any changes that affect the cost, scheduling or performance of the project
- Keep a project log containing all pertinent information and any scope changes throughout the project
- Supervise and coach Designers and Engineers that are assigned to the project
- Perform first check of Designs varying in complexity
- Senior Engineer reports directly to Director of Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or Computer Science and 7 years signal and communications experience in the railroad industry; or if no degree, 10 years signal and communications experience in the railroad industry
- Project Management or Supervisory experience for 5 plus years
- Professional Engineer preferred
- Must possess a valid driver license
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong proficiency with Signal & Communications Design practices
- Must be current with all FRA rules and regulations
Working Conditions: Inside climate control.
Note: This may not fully identify or describe all of the job functions or requirements for this position.