Wilson & Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wilson & Company
Wilson & Company, Inc., Engineers & Architects, a national multi-disciplined surveying and engineering firm, is seeking an entry level Mapping Technician to assist with aerial photography analysis on airfields in order to identify topographical data in our Kansas City, MO office. Job duties include the following:
- Take measurements, perform calculations, and then record data with geographic information systems (GIS)
- Calculate latitudes, longitudes, angles, areas, and other information for mapmaking, using survey field notes and reference tables.
- Compare topographical features with images from aerial photographs, old maps, and other reference materials in order to verify the accuracy of their identification.
- Compute and measure scaled distances between reference points in order to establish relative positions of adjoining prints and enable the creation of photographic mosaics.
- Positively identify feature from vertical aerial imagery of multiple scales
- Must be able to work as part of a team. It can be a physically demanding job, requiring workers to remain on their feet for long periods of time and haul or set up equipment on survey sites.
- Must have basic understanding of computer-aided design software (CAD) and geographic information systems (GIS)
- 0-3 years of experience performing either map drafting or preparation of related graphic design and illustration
- Knowledgeable in the terminology, materials, and methods used in map drafting and related graphic illustration
- Must be able to use basic mathematics of map production such as the computation of distances, angles, areas, and traverses
Please note that Wilson & Company is not currently sponsoring applicants for work visas.
Wilson & Company has a rich history in planning and design, and the right candidate will become part of our bright future. We provide multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, surveying, mapping, environmental, and planning services, and employ staff throughout 13 offices in 9 states. The firm was founded in 1932 and provides services to a diverse client base including railroads; municipal, state, and federal agencies; energy, industrial, and commercial companies; and private developers.
The cornerstone of our success is Higher Relationships, standards in Discipline, Intensity, Collaboration, Shared Ownership, and Solutions. Discipline is doing it right, with attention to details without exception. Intensity is doing what it takes to meet and exceed expectations. Collaboration is working together and bringing out the best in each other. Shared Ownership means we adopt the goals of others as our own. Finally, Solutions are achieved in a win-win environment. We value this commitment to Higher Relationships with our employees, clients, and the communities where we live and work. And for you, our culture intends to help you achieve personal and professional success. Come grow with us!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background screening.