YMCA of Greater Kansas City
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substitute Teacher Assistant
at YMCA of Greater Kansas City
- Req No.
- Location Site
- Thomas Roque Head Start
- Early Education Child Care
- Minimum Salary
- USD $9.00/Hr.
- Midpoint Salary
- USD $10.36/Hr.
- Position Hours
- varies as needed
- Location : Location
- US-MO-Kansas City
The Substitute Teacher Assistant ensures the safety and well-being of each child in the program at all times by providing a safe and healthy environment under the direction of the teacher responsible for the classroom. This position assists in implementing a developmentally appropriate plan for a group of preschool age children or infants and providing quality early childhood experiences while following the policies required at that location.
Paid Training Provided!
Our facility is located:
- Between 71 Hwy/ 49 Hwy, I-70, and 435 Hwy.
- Just a 15 to 20 minute drive from: Raytown, Blue Springs, Lee's Summit, and Grandview areas.
- East of the KC Plaza
Contribute to the overall YMCA mission of healthy living, youth development and social responsibility.
- Assist in implementation of lesson plans based on Head Start Performance Standards (if at a Head Start location), Constructivist Curriculum Plan and the Project Approach.
- Assist in implementation of appropriate behavior management throughout the daily routine.
- Follow Licensing Procedures and Missouri Accreditation Standards.
- Maintain professionalism and teamwork with other associates.
- Follow the lead of full-time classroom associates to insure implementation of curriculum and safe environment.
- Active involvement with, and supervision of children required at all times.
- Prepare materials, activities and environment ahead of time, as needed or assigned.
- Develop and maintain supportive professional relationships with children and their families.
- Maintain staff-to-child ratios within licensing standards and according to YMCA of Greater Kansas City policies for classroom coverage; assists in insuring adequate staff coverage at all times.
- Attend and participate in team, site, and agency required meetings, trainings, professional development, and continuing education.
- Attend required activities, meetings, and trainings scheduled during evening and/or weekends.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding children and families.
- Participate in family style meal service. Eat nutritionally prepared meals with the children as a curriculum activity, modeling good nutrition and proper social skills
- Communicate concerns about a child’s special needs to appropriate manager or specialist.
- Ensure that site-appropriate health, safety, classroom organization, classroom aesthetic and sanitation guidelines are followed.
- All associates are mandated to report suspected child abuse and neglect and must notify appropriate associates of any suspected abuse, unsafe conditions, needed repairs, complaints, accidents or injuries immediately.
- Communicate important program issues and information to the program director and/or center manager.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Commitment and desire to provide premiere child care services at all levels.
- Sensitivity to individuals representing a variety of family, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Six months experience in early childhood setting preferred.
- CDA preferred.
- Minimum of three college credit hours in Early Childhood Education strongly preferred at MO Accredited locations.
- Minimum of twelve college credit hours in Early Childhood Education strongly preferred at NAEYC Accredited locations.